The Resource Homegoing : a novel
- Homegoing : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Yaa Gyasi
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueGhana -- History
- trueUnited States -- History -- 19th century
- trueRace relations
- trueCivil war
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Large type books
- trueFamily sagas
- Slavery -- United States -- Fiction
- Intermarriage -- England -- Fiction
- Women, Black -- Fiction
- Sisters -- Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueSeparated friends, relatives, etc
- trueAfrican American women
- trueAfrica -- History -- 18th century
- "Two half sisters, Effia and Esi, unknown to each other, are born into two different tribal villages in 18th century Ghana. Effia will be married off to an English colonial, and will live in comfort in the sprawling, palatial rooms of Cape Coast Castle, raising half-caste children who will be sent abroad to be educated in England before returning to the Gold Coast to serve as administrators of the Empire. Her sister, Esi, will be imprisoned beneath Effia in the Castle's women's dungeon, and then shipped off on a boat bound for America, where she will be sold into slavery. Stretching from the tribal wars of Ghana to slavery and Civil War in America, from the coal mines in the north to the Great Migration to the streets of 20th century Harlem, Yaa Gyasi's has written a modern masterpiece, a novel that moves through histories and geographies and--with outstanding economy and force--captures the troubled spirit of our own nation."
- ALA Notable Book, 2017.
- Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award, 2017.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Debut, 2017.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2016.
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2016.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2016
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2016
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Homegoing : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Homegoing : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/GdsuqHAWAeQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/GdsuqHAWAeQ/">Homegoing : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>