The Resource Shiloh
- Statement of responsibility
- Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueElectronic books
- trueCourage in boys
- Animal welfare -- Juvenile fiction
- trueNastiness in men
- trueBoy animal rights advocates
- trueBullying and bullies
- trueWest Virginia
- trueBeagle (Dog breed)
- West Virginia -- Juvenile fiction
- trueAnimal welfare
- trueEleven-year-old boys -- West Virginia
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEleven-year-old boys
- trueBooks to movies
- trueBoys and dogs
- Marty will do anything to save his new friend Shiloh. When Marty Preston comes across a young beagle in the hills behind his home, it's love at first sight -- and also big trouble. It turns out the dog, which Marty names Shiloh, belongs to Judd Travers, who drinks too much and has a gun -- and abuses his dogs. So when Shiloh runs away from Judd to Marty, Marty just has to hide him and protect him from Judd. But Marty's secret becomes too big for him to keep to himself, and it exposes his entire family to Judd's anger. How far will Marty have to go to make Shiloh his?
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 3-5, 1995.
- Delaware Diamonds (book award), Intermediate (Grades 3-5), 1995.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 1994.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 1994.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 1993.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 1994.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), General category, 1994.
- Maine Student Book Award, 1993.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 1994.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1994.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 1994.
- Newbery Medal, 1992.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, 1994.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 1993.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 1994.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 1994.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Children’s Books, 1994.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award, 1994.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 1994.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1994.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 1994.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 1994.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Sg 2012
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Shiloh quartet
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Shiloh
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Shiloh
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/K7u62njpueg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/K7u62njpueg/">Shiloh</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>