The Resource The underground railroad : a novel
- The underground railroad : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Colson Whitehead
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueUnderground Railroad
- Underground Railroad -- Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueRace (Social sciences)
- trueFugitive slaves
- trueElectronic books
- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction
- trueUnited States -- History -- 19th century
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Fugitive slaves -- United States -- Fiction
- trueSouthern States -- Race relations | History -- 19th century
- trueAntebellum America (1820-1861) -- 1820 -- 1861
- trueAfrican Americans -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- Cora is a slave on a cotton plantation in Georgia. When Caesar, a recent arrival from Virginia, tells her about the Underground Railroad, they decide to take a terrifying risk and escape. Though they manage to find a station and head north, they are being hunted. Their first stop is South Carolina, in a city that initially seems like a haven. But the city's placid surface masks an insidious scheme designed for its black denizens. And even worse: Ridgeway, the relentless slave catcher, is close on their heels
- ALA Notable Book, 2017.
- Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction, 2017.
- Arthur C. Clarke Award, 2017.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2016
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2016
- Hurston/Wright Legacy Award: Fiction, 2017.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Fiction, 2017.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2016
- National Book Award for Fiction, 2016.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2016
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The underground railroad : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The underground railroad : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/O5pPfyh6-gY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/O5pPfyh6-gY/">The underground railroad : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>