The Resource The crossover
- The crossover
- Statement of responsibility
- Kwame Alexander
- trueNovels in verse
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueMiddle schools
- trueFamily relationships
- trueElectronic books
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueBasketball stories
- trueSeventh-grade boys
- trueChildren's stories
- trueBoy basketball players
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueFathers and sons
- trueSports fiction
- trueAfrican Americans
- trueTwin brothers
- "With a bolt of lightning on my kicks . . .The court is SIZZLING. My sweat is DRIZZLING. Stop all that quivering. Cuz tonight I'm delivering," announces dread-locked, 12-year old Josh Bell. He and his twin brother Jordan are awesome on the court. But Josh has more than basketball in his blood, he's got mad beats, too, that tell his family's story in verse, in this fast and furious middle grade novel of family and brotherhood from Kwame Alexander (He Said, She Said 2013). Josh and Jordan must come to grips with growing up on and off the court to realize breaking the rules comes at a terrible price, as their story's heart-stopping climax proves a game-changer for the entire family
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2015
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2016.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2016
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 6-8), 2017.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2018.
- Iowa Teen Award, 2018.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 6-8, 2016.
- Lee Bennett Hopkins Poetry Award (Pennsylvania Center for the Book), 2015.
- Newbery Medal, 2015.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2017.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Fiction, 2014
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Intermediate Books, 2017.
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Emerging Classic, 2016.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults: Top Ten, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers: Top Ten, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- 7 years and up
- LC call number
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Crossover (Kwame Alexander)
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The crossover
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The crossover
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/VTj_bj8gEAY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/VTj_bj8gEAY/">The crossover</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>