The Resource Into thin air
- Into thin air
- Statement of responsibility
- Jon Krakauer
- trueMountaineers -- Mount Everest
- trueMountaineering -- Himalaya Mountains
- trueSports and Competition -- Mountaineering
- trueMount Everest
- trueElectronic books
- trueAdventure writing -- Survival
- trueMountaineering accidents
- trueMount Everest Expedition, 1996
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueSports and Competition -- Extreme Sports
- trueTravel Writing -- Asia and the South Pacific
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueKrakauer, Jon
- trueExtreme sports
- When Jon Krakauer reached the summit of Mt. Everest in the early afternoon of May 10,1996, he hadn't slept in fifty-seven hours and was reeling from the brain-altering effects of oxygen depletion. As he turned to begin the perilous descent from 29,028 feet (roughly the cruising altitude of an Airbus jetliner), twenty other climbers were still pushing doggedly to the top, unaware that the sky had begun to roil with clouds... Into Thin Air is the definitive account of the deadliest season in the history of Everest by the acclaimed Outside journalist and author of the bestselling Into the Wild. Taking the reader step by step from Katmandu to the mountain's deadly pinnacle, Krakauer has his readers shaking on the edge of their seat. Beyond the terrors of this account, however, he also peers deeply into the myth of the world's tallest mountain. What is is about Everest that has compelled so many poeple--including himself--to throw caution to the wind, ignore the concerns of loved ones, and willingly subject themselves to such risk, hardship, and expense' Written with emotional clarity and supported by his unimpeachable reporting, Krakauer's eyewitness account of what happened on the roof of the world is a singular achievement. From the Paperback edition
- ALA Notable Book, 1998.
- Alex Award, 1998.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Nonfiction, 2000.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 1997.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1998
- Additional physical form
- Downloadable applications available for access via iOS 4.0+ devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 2.1+ devices.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- K735 2013
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Into thin air
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Into thin air
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/a1BEozLoMqc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/a1BEozLoMqc/">Into thin air</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>