The Resource Elijah of Buxton
- Elijah of Buxton
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- trueNorth Buxton, Ontario
- true1860s -- 1860 -- 1869
- truePreteen boys
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueCanada -- History -- 1763-1867
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueFreed slaves
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBlack Canadian children
- trueAfrican American boys
- trueBlack Canadians
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCanadian fiction
- Liberty -- Juvenile fiction
- Blacks -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCoretta Scott King Award
- trueEleven-year-old boys
- trueAfrican Americans
- In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2008
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2007
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2008.
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction, 2008.
- Great Lakes Book Awards, Children's category, 2008.
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2008.
- TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Elijah of Buxton
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elijah of Buxton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/d2OvHUCX3WY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/d2OvHUCX3WY/">Elijah of Buxton</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>