The Resource Holes
- Statement of responsibility
- Louis Sachar
- trueJuvenile correctional institutions
- trueJuvenile delinquents
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueElectronic books
- trueYelnats, Stanley (Fictitious character)
- trueJudicial error
- trueTeenage prisoners
- Juvenile fiction
- trueTreasure hunting
- trueBooks to movies
- This winner of the Newbery Medal and the National Book Award features Stanley Yelnats, a kid who is under a curse. A curse that began with his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather and has since followed generations of Yelnats. Now Stanley has been unjustly sent to a boys' detention center, Camp Green Lake, where the warden makes the boys "build character" by spending all day, every day, digging holes five feet wide and five feet deep. It doesn't take long for Stanley to realize there's more than character improvement going on at Camp Green Lake: the warden is looking for something. Stanley tries to dig up the truth in this inventive and darkly humorous tale of crime and punishment'and redemption. From the Paperback edition
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2001.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction, 1999.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2001.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2000.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2000.
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey), Children's Fiction, 2001.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2001.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2001.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2001.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2001.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2000.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2001.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2001.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 1998.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2001.
- Newbery Medal, 1999.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 1998
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2000.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2001.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2002.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Children’s Books, 2001.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 2001.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2003.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2003.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2001.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Sixth-Eighth Grade, 2001.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2001.
- West Australian Young Readers's Book Award (WAYRBA), Older Readers, 2001.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 1999
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 1999
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1998.
- Additional physical form
- Downloadable applications available for access via iOS 4.0+ devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 2.1+ devices.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- 7 years and up
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S234 2013
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Holes
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Holes
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/nd6zWKa6Dgg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ebrpl.com/resource/nd6zWKa6Dgg/">Holes</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ebrpl.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ebrpl.com/">East Baton Rouge Parish Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>